There are many scholarships available at Longerenong College. Scholarships are aimed at providing financial assistance towards the tuition fee and are generally available for the first year of study and in some cases subsequent years. Scholarships are available through the generous support of industry sponsors acknowledging Longerenong College as a leader in providing high-quality agricultural tertiary education.
Scholarship applications are to include the following three items:
A curriculum vitae (CV) / resume, including name, address, phone number, email, gender, date of birth, full education history, full employment history and contact details of at least two referees (if applying for a 1st year scholarship also include official final year results). A typed essay (of no more than 500 words) answering the specific scholarship question, with the essay question and your name at the top. Information about each scholarship, including the scholarship question, can be found by downloading the scholarship application form.
1. A typed essay (of no more than 100 words) answering the generic College question:
"What are your goals and aspirations for the future", with your name at the top.
Additional Notes and Variations
- For some scholarships, additional information may be required and due to the nature of the specific scholarship questions, the general College question need not be answered - see specific scholarships for details.
- Applications can be submitted for more than one scholarship, but applicants can only be the recipient of one scholarship in any one academic year. If applying for multiple scholarships, one copy of your CV and one copy of your College essay is sufficient.
- Please always re-read your application and keep a copy for your records.
Applications are to be received at Longerenong College by no later than 5.00pm Victorian time, on the scholarship close date. Applications may be submitted via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (03) 5362 2213 made attention to Scholarship Coordinator
- Post: Scholarship Coordinator, Longerenong College, 229 Longerenong Road, Longerenong, Vic, 3401
Note: if submitting by post, please do not submit in a folder or use plastic sleeves. A staple in the left hand top corner is sufficient.
The following process is followed:
- Applicants who are short listed for an interview will be advised prior to the interview date
- Interviews will be conducted at the College (unless otherwise stated) on the dates specified (Note: the College does not conduct scholarship interviews via telephone, with the exception of interstate applicants)
- The value of the scholarship will be deducted from the fees in the appropriate academic years(s) unless otherwise agreed to by the College.
In awarding scholarships, there are a number of additional factors taken into consideration including commitment to the agricultural industry, personal presentation, academic performance and communication skills. In the opinion of the interview panel, if no applicants are deemed to meet the selection criteria, scholarships may not be awarded. The College reserves the right to extend the closing and interview dates
Better than a Loan
Scholarships directly reduce the cost of the tuition which means that there is no financial obligation following graduation.
Other Benefits of a Scholarship
In some cases a scholarship may assist in finding work with a sponsoring organisation. Being able to note on a CV that you hold a scholarship could also assist with further job opportunities. A scholarship can also assist in building further contacts through greater networking opportunities.
In most cases being a recipient of a scholarship does not bind you to working for the sponsoring organisation.
Fox and Lillie Rural
Victorian Farmers Federation
$1500 – female only
Lester Mitchell family