Longerenong weather graphs for January, from what was an exceptionally hot and dry month:
- There have been 6 occasions since 1889 where no rain has fallen in January (1912, 1930, 1950, 1961, 1964 and 2013). This is the second occasion (along with 2009) where a total of just 0.2mm has been recorded for January. The long term average rainfall for January is 23.9mm.
- The average maximum temperature of 35.1 degrees was more than 5 degrees above the January average (29.8 degrees). It is the equal second-hottest January on record (along with 1961) and only behind the 36.8 degrees recorded in 1908.
- 25 days above 30 degrees - the previous record was 22 on 6 occasions (most recently in 2018) and the long term average for January is 14.5 days.
- 18 days above 35 degrees - the previous record was 15 in 2001 and 2018 and the long term average for January is 6.8 days.
- 7 days above 40 degrees - this equalled the record of 7 set in 2014 and the long term average for January is 1.7 days.