Here are the graphs and some stats from what unfortunately proved to be a very dry and frosty September at Longerenong:
- September rainfall of just 7.4mm was the third-lowest on record behind 3.8mm in 1957 and 5.1mm in 1914.
- Total yearly rainfall to date of 186mm is the lowest since 182.4mm in 2006 and the ninth-lowest on record since 1889.
- Average minimum temperature of 2.5 degrees is the lowest since the record of 0.1 degrees was set in 1905 and the third-lowest on record. The long-term average minimum temperature for September is 5.2 degrees.
- There were 10 minimums of less than zero degrees in September; eclipsing the previous record of 6 set in 1997. The long-term average number of minimums below zero for September is 1.6.
- Four of these minimums were below -3 degrees; including a new record September low of -3.8 degrees on the 16th.
- There were 15 frosts recorded in September; second only to the 16 recorded in 1982. The long-term average number of frosts for September is 6.3.