Eligibility & Selection Criteria
To be eligible, the candidate must undertake a full-time higher-level training/course at Longerenong College in 2020.
The awards of $15,000 will be allocated to successful candidates to offset fees and charges from the College or contribute to practical research/learning/experience activities directly related to the course.
- are a new student to the tertiary education provider
- maintain ongoing residency in a regional area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure from the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Where a course includes study outside a regional area (for example, for a clinical placement), residency away from the regional area is permitted for no more than one study period (not exceeding 6 months) per qualification where the qualification is longer than 2 years, or 25% of the qualification length where the qualification is 2 years or shorter.
- are enrolled at and study at a regional campus of a registered tertiary education provider as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure from the Australian Bureau of Statistics
- are studying full-time in a course that can be fully delivered at one of the tertiary education provider's regional campuses
- are studying one of the following qualification levels
- Certificate IV,
- Accredited Diploma,
- Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree,
- Bachelor Degree,
- Bachelors Honours Degree,
- Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma,
- Masters or Doctoral degrees.
- international students are also required to maintain a Student Visa for the duration of the scholarship in order to ensure protection under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000.
If a scholarship student loses eligibility during the course of the scholarship period, no additional scholarship funding should be paid to the student. Tertiary education providers can reallocate any future year funding associated with that student to a different student who meets the eligibility criteria.
Scholarships will be awarded on the student’s ability to meet the following selection criteria:
- Evidence of satisfactory academic achievement
- Enthusiasm for the agricultural industry
- Demonstrate financial need